So I’ve been nominated by a blog that I truly enjoy! Me – Who Am I? is a fantastic blog which I truly enjoy reading each day! Check it out, I guarantee you’ll want to give it a follow – and you’ll leave with a smile on your face. It’s great to be nominated for this award. Who knew people were really reading my blog regularly?! I sometimes forget there are people even reading this blog at all. So thank you very much. I’m sure all bloggers would agree that it’s nice to be noticed. 🙂 So, I’m sorry Me – Who Am I? for copying and pasting a portion of this (the rules section) but here we go!
To get started, here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
The question/answer phase is one of the most exciting parts about these awards. It is a great way of getting to know your fellow bloggers. With that said…
So here are my answers to the questions asked by Me – Who Am I?
1. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done? I’ll admit it, my life is pretty boring. I don’t do many adventurous things. I will say (because I saw you had an answer relating to this) one big, adventurous thing I’ve done is ziplining. I’m scared of heights, so it was a big challenge for me. But let me tell you, it was amazing. And I’m glad I did it. 🙂
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been to? I’ve never been out of Canada, so I know there are a lot of beautiful places I’m missing out on. But one of the places I see so much beauty is in Alberta. I LOVE going to the mountains in Alberta whenever I take a trip to see family. It’s breathtaking and one of my favorite places.
3. If you could do one thing tomorrow that you have always dreamed of doing, what would it be? Travel. I’ve always wanted to get out of Canada and see the world. I was never able to because of school, and now because of paying off the debt that school left me with. If I didn’t have to worry about money, I’d be on a plane first thing tomorrow (and probably off to Ireland, or Australia, or maybe Jamaica).
4. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it? Pay off my debt. And Mike’s debt. And then give money to our families. They always do so much for us, and could use a little help as well. Then I’d buy a house. Book a trip. Then save the rest. 🙂
5. What is your favorite pastime memory? Any memory where my whole family was together under one roof. It doesn’t happen often. But when it does, I’m in all my glory. It’s usually Christmas time. And we eat and watch movies and visit over a cup or two of tea (and hey, sometimes wine). And everything feels perfect.
6. Who is the first person you go to, in your times of need? I’d say my partner, Mike. He’s always there for me. And if in a situation, he can’t be, it’s my best friend (whose name is ALSO Mike, confusing I know). We’ve been friends for almost 10 years and he’s seen me at my very worst. And I know I’m saying multiple people, BUT if it’s a serious matter, my dad is the first person I go to. He’s one of the most logical and intelligent people I know and he’s always there for me. Through everything. Even when he’s not happy with my choices, he’s there. I mean, come on, he’s my dad. ❤
7. What is one goal that you have not yet met, but are working to achieve? Hm. That’s tough. I guess being healthier. Changing my eating habits. It’s harder than you’d expect! I’ve always eaten a certain way, and while it isn’t the MOST unhealthy, I do want to change the unhealthy habits. A coworker is helping get me on the right track though (meal planning, mostly).
8. What do you believe is the greatest flaw among people? Negativity. The world has made us all into very negative people. We’re too hard on ourselves. We’re too hard on each other. The world is a dangerous place for the hopeful. We have no faith in each other. And when everyone is telling you something can’t be done, or that you won’t make it, it’s hard to believe in yourself.
9. If you only had time to save one thing in your home, what would it be? That’s tough, because I have TWO pets. Can I just say pets? I’d save them. Without a doubt. My cat, Sampson, and my rabbit, Lulu. And if they were not here, I’d save the smiley blanket that Michael’s great grandma made him years and years ago. It doesn’t come from my family, but it holds a special place in my heart from when he and I started dating, and I know that it means a lot to him. I’d have to save that. ❤
10. In your life, what brings you the most happiness? My family. As I get older, I realize how important family really is. And the two people who bring me the most happiness have to be my two beautiful nieces, MacKenzie and Mayson. They are the biggest joys in my life. Being an auntie rocks.
Now, here are my 10 nominees. I hope you all know I enjoy your blogs, and I hope you choose to participate in this as well. It’s fun! But of course, don’t feel obligated. 🙂
– AKA Life
Now, for my nominees. These are my 10 questions for you! 🙂
1. Where do you hope to see yourself 10 years from now?
2. Who is your “person”? (the one you turn to for everything)
3. If you could change ONE thing about the world, what would it be?
4. Do you remember why you started writing in the first place?
5. Looking at a younger you (lets say preteen-teen years), what is the biggest change you see in yourself?
6. When you need that moment of peace, silence, or serenity, where do you go/what do you do?
7. When cooking – what is your “signature dish”?
8. Cat or dog person?
9. (I’m stealing this from a quote I saw) What would you do tomorrow if you knew you could not fail?
10. If you could say one thing to yourself from 5 years ago, what would it be?
I hope you all choose to take part in this. But let me say thank you for writing, and keep it up 🙂